Watch Hearings (TV)
Oversight Hearing, August 3, 2016
Charter School Oversight in California.
Joint Oversight Hearing, May 18, 2016
School Bonds. Funding for K-12 School and Community College Facilities. Initiative Statutory Amendment. (#1669).
- 5/18/16 Agenda
- 5/18/16 Background Agenda Links
Oversight Hearing, February 24, 2016
Local Control Funding Formula: Understanding the Evolving Accountability Framework.
- 2/24/16 Agenda
- 2/24/16 Background Agenda Links
- 1a. January 2016 State Board of Education agenda item “Developing a New Accountability System” [pdf]
- 1b. Guiding Principles [pdf]
- 3c. User Acceptance Testing Guidance [pdf]
- 4a. School Quality Improvement Index & CORE Data Collaborative [pdf]
- 6a. Letter from schools and advocates to the United States Department of Education [pdf]
- 6d. Alternative Accountability Policy Forum 2014 [pdf]
- 7c. School Accountability and The Achievement Gap: Ensuring Black Minds Matter [pdf]
- Misc. Handouts
Oversight Hearing, February 3, 2016
California's Community Colleges: Implementation of Student Success.
- 2/3/16 Agenda
- 2/3/16 Background Agenda Links
- CCC SSSP Chart
Oversight Hearing, January 20, 2016
California's Teacher Workforce: Supply/Demand, Recruitment and Retention.
- 1/20/16 Agenda
- 1/20/16 Background Agenda Links
- Ryan Smith, Executive Director, Education Trust—West
- Judy Johnson, Former Executive Director, Cotsen Foundation for the Art of Teaching
- Addressing California’s Emerging Teacher Shortage: An Analysis of Sources and Solutions
- California School Paraprofessional Teacher Training Program: An Annual Report to the Legislature
Joint Oversight Hearing, May 13, 2015
Corinthian Colleges Closure: What's Next For California Students?
Joint Informational Hearing, March 11, 2015
Adult Education: Moving Forward
Informational Hearing, February 25, 2015
California Association of Student Councils (CASC)
Informational Hearing, February 18, 2015
K-12 School Facilties Program: History, Current Status, and Future Options
Informational Hearing, January 21, 2015
Implementing the Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) Legislation:
Current Status, Opportunities, Challenges, and Options
Joint Informational Hearing, April 21, 2014
BUREAU FOR PRIVATE POSTSECONDARY EDUCATION
Informational Hearing, March 03, 2014
Teaching In The 21st Century: Recruitment, Preparation, Retention, And Professional Development
Joint Informational Hearing, February 26, 2014
Accountability for Postsecondary Education Performance:
A Framework for informing State Budget and Policy to meet Public Needs
Joint Informational Hearing, January 29, 2014
Informational Hearing , October 16, 2013
Community Schools Briefing
Informational Hearing, March 20, 2013
Higher Education Accountability: Statewide Goals and Metrics
- 3/20/13 Agenda
- State Legislatures & Higher Education Policy [pdf]
- Higher Education Accountability [pdf]
- Creating A Higher Education Accountability System [pdf]
- Watch 3/20/13 Hearing
Informational Hearing, March 13, 2013
Understanding the Common Core and the New Generation of Assessments.
- 3/13/13 Agenda
- Table of Contents
- Common Core Primer
- Common Core & State Policy: It Changes Almost Everything By Dr. Michael Kirst
- Recommendations for Transitioning Californina To A Future Assessment System
- LAUSD's Comments On SPI's Recommendations
- SPI's Response To LAUSD's Comments
Informational Hearing, February 27, 2013
Recommendations of the Student Advisory Board on Legislation in Education of the
California Association of Student Councils (CASC).
Informational Hearing, August 7, 2012
California's K-12 Educational Infrastructure Investments: Leveraging the State's Role
for Quality School Facilities in Sustainable Communities.
- 8/7/12 Agenda
- Report - California's K-12 Educational Infrastructure Investments: Leveraging the State's Role for Quality School Facilities in Sustainable Communities.